IFLA Asia Pacific region is pleased to announce the jury line up for IFLA Asia-Pac LA Awards 2017. This year we are privileged to receive tremendous support from more than 10 presidents of IFLA national associations and 4 IFLA Regional Presidents from Africa, Americas, Europe and Middle East with Asia Pacific region President as host juror. In addition, this year we are honoured to have two special guest jury on the panel. They are Mr William Lau, Ambassador for South East Asia of International Federation for Housing and Planning (IFHP) and Mr Tai Lee Siang, Chair of World Green Building Council.
The Asia Pacific Region is a part of the world that has been shaped by maritime journeys and is home to a diverse tapestry of landscape architecture traditions. For many years, vibrant cultural landscapes emerged and economic competition drove cities infrastructure to new frontiers with greater sensitivity for our environment. With the objective of setting distinction for this IFLA Asia-Pac LA awards, it is important that the jury panel is a regional composition of highly acclaimed and respected individuals with years of experience and deep understanding of respective culture and indigenous context.
Similarly, the awards brief was crafted with the opportunity to embrace local and regional diversity in mind, aimed at collective exchanges of landscape architecture practice across different cities. Through the nine distinct award categories, IFLA Asia Pacific region is committed to showcase a more vibrant inter-disciplinary landscape, strengthening international recognition and optimising professional design awareness for business opportunities across our neighbouring shores and borders.
OUR JURY PANEL
Regional IFLA Presidents
- Mr Tunji Adejumo, President of IFLA, Africa Region
- Ms Raquel Penalosa, President of IFLA, Americas Region
- Mr Damian Tang, President of IFLA, Asia Pacific Region
- Mr Tony Williams, President of IFLA, Europe Region
- Mr Mohammad Motalebi, President of IFLA, Middle East Region
Special Guest Jury
- Mr William Lau, Ambassador for South East Asia of International Federation for Housing and Planning (IFHP)
- Mr Tai Lee Siang, Chair of World Green Building Council
Asia Pacific National Associations
- Mr Tak Wong, President of Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects (HKILA)
- Mr Rohit Marol, President of Indian Society of Landscape Architects (ISOLA)
- Assoc Prof LAr Dr Osman Mohd Tahir, President of Institute of Landscape Architects Malaysia (ILAM)
- Dr Minomo Toshitaro, President of Japan Landscape Architect Union (JLAU)
- Prof Youngmin Kim, Director of International Affairs of Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture (KILA)
- Mr Shannon Bray, President of New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architects (NZILA)
- Mr Eric Estonido, President of Philippine Association of Landscape Architects (PALA)
- Mr Ronnie Tan, President of Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SILA)
- Ms Radha de Silva, President of Sri Lanka Institute of Landscape Architects (SLILA)
- Dr Kuang-Yu Wang, President of Taiwan Institute of Landscape Architects (TILA)
- Dr Vipakorn Thumwimol, President of Thai Association of Landscape Architects (TALA)
For more information of the awards, please click here.